East Sussex Better Together and the role of Locality Groups
Presentation delivered by Paula Gorvett, Director of Localities and Primary Care – NHS Hastings & Rother Clinical Commissioning Group.
Paula Gorvett, Director of Localities and Primary Care, ESBT CCG, started with an overview of the East Sussex Better Together partnership, its key functions, progress to date, and emerging themes.
Paula went on to describe the Vision for ESBT:
“ESBT will result in a fully integrated health and social care economy in East Sussex that makes sure people receive proactive, joined up care, supporting them to live as independently as possible”.
The purpose of Locality Networks is to share information and resources, build relationships and collaboration, provide opportunities for mutual support and learning and strengthen community based services.
Locality Planning and Delivery key functions:
- Opportunity to ensure the voice of localities are at the heart of how we plan and how we act as a system;
- Foster closer partnerships to promote the co-ordination and integration of services locally;
- Determine local priorities focussing use of resources where it makes biggest impact;
- Oversee the quality and quantity of care services within a locality to deliver improved outcomes for the local community;
- Strengthened local networks between the health and care system and the wider system of support.
The full presentation is available in the Downloads section below.