Tackling Health and Wellbeing issues
Presentation on Tackling Health and Wellbeing issues related to cold homes.
Richard Watson – Health Inequalities Programme Manager for the NHS Hastings and Rother CCG, and Marie Jones – East Sussex Fuel Poverty Coordinator at Hastings Borough Council, delivered a presentation on Tackling Health and Wellbeing issues related to cold homes.
The presentation provided an update on progress and projects within this Programme, and included:
- East Sussex fuel poverty reduction pathway
- Training and awareness activity delivered in Rother
- East Sussex Winter Home Check service delivered in Rother:
- New central heating systems
- Replacement boiler
- Storage heaters
- Energy advice
- Fuel Switching advice
- Key referral partners – where are the referrals coming from?
- Training delivered in the Rother area
- Contact details for the partnership
In the future, need to keep the momentum of referrals from the initial peak seen immediately following training.